In the Wake of Eric the Red - From Greenland to Iceland
Next DepartureAug. 31, 2020
See all departures
See the itinerary
, Lectures, Trekking, Zodiac
Join us on an expedition cruise from Kangerlussuaq to Reykjavík, which follows the same maritime course set by Norse settlers over a thousand years ago. In the Disko Bay, we will experience local folk dancing in Qeqertarsuaq and sail to the renowned Eqi Glacier.
Join us on an expedition cruise from Kangerlussuaq to Reykjavík, which follows the same maritime course set by Norse settlers over a thousand years ago. In the Disko Bay, we will experience local folk dancing in Qeqertarsuaq and sail to the renowned Eqi Glacier. At the Sermermiut Plain we will have the chance to admire the World Heritage Site of the Ilulissat Icefjord and the dazzling icebergs in the late evening sun. Further to the south along the western coast of Greenland, we will visit the capital of Greenland, one of the smallest in the world. Before heading north again along the spectacular east coast of Greenland, we will marvel at the narrow cliffs of the picturesque Prince Christian Sound and the charming silence of the undisturbed Skjoldungen Island. An enriching experience of Nordic culture and Arctic nature!
Embarkation in Kangerlussuaq
Sisimiut - experience Greenland’s second-largest city at the foot of Nasaasaaq Mountain
Qeqertarsuaq on Disko Island, ‘kaffemik’ in a community centre and Eqip Sermia Glacier
Capital of the icebergs, Ilulissat
Evighedsfjorden / Fjord of Eternity
Ivittuut; former cryolite mine and possible muscox sigthing
Prince Christian Sound
Skjoldungen / Saqqisikuik
Tasiilaq and Kuummiit
Reykjavík, Iceland. Departure.
Inclusions / Exclusions
• 12-day cruise in a shared outside double suite with bathroom/toilet
• Flight Reykjavík - Kangerlussuaq
• English-speaking guides
• Church visit and ‘kaffemik’ in Qeqertarsuaq
• Town and settlement walks in Qeqertarsuaq, Ilulissat, Itilleq, Nuuk, Tasiilaq & Kuumiit.
• Museum visits in Qeqertarsuaq and Ilulissat, Nuuk, Tasiilaq
• Slow-crusing in Zodiacs in fjords
• Inspiring and enriching lectures onboard by qualifi ed lecturers
• Full board on the ship
• Coffee, tea and afternoon snacks on theship
• Taxes, tariffs, and AECO fees
• Guiding and lectures by our experienced expedition leader and team
• Special photo workshop
• Welcome and farewell cocktails
• Digital visual journal link after voyage, including voyage log, gallery, species list and more!