In the Wake of Eric the Red - From Greenland to Iceland
Next DepartureAug. 31, 2020
See all departures
See the itinerary
, Lectures, Trekking, Zodiac
Join us on an expedition cruise from Kangerlussuaq to Reykjavík, which follows the same maritime course set by Norse settlers over a thousand years ago. In the Disko Bay, we will experience local folk dancing in Qeqertarsuaq and sail to the renowned Eqi Glacier.
Join us on an expedition cruise from Kangerlussuaq to Reykjavík, which follows the same maritime course set by Norse settlers over a thousand years ago. In the Disko Bay, we will experience local folk dancing in Qeqertarsuaq and sail to the renowned Eqi Glacier. At the Sermermiut Plain we will have the chance to admire the World Heritage Site of the Ilulissat Icefjord and the dazzling icebergs in the late evening sun. Further to the south along the western coast of Greenland, we will visit the capital of Greenland, one of the smallest in the world. Before heading north again along the spectacular east coast of Greenland, we will marvel at the narrow cliffs of the picturesque Prince Christian Sound and the charming silence of the undisturbed Skjoldungen Island. An enriching experience of Nordic culture and Arctic nature!
Embarkation in Kangerlussuaq
Sisimiut - experience Greenland’s second-largest city at the foot of Nasaasaaq Mountain
Qeqertarsuaq on Disko Island, ‘kaffemik’ in a community centre and Eqip Sermia Glacier
Capital of the icebergs, Ilulissat
Ivittuut; former cryolite mine and possible muscox sigthing
Qassiarsuk, Eric the Red Settlement
Prins Christian Sund, West Entrance Cruissing
Skjoldungen, South Entrance / Mariedal
Reykjavík, Iceland. Departure.
• 12-day cruise in a shared outside double suite with bathroom/toilet
• Flight Reykjavík - Kangerlussuaq
• English-speaking guides
• Church visit and ‘kaffemik’ in Qeqertarsuaq
• Town and settlement walks in Qeqertarsuaq, Ilulissat, Nuuk & Kuumiit.
• Museum visits in Qeqertarsuaq and Ilulissat, Nuuk
• Slow-crusing in Zodiacs in fjords
• Inspiring and enriching lectures onboard by qualifi ed lecturers
• Full board on the ship
• Coffee, tea and afternoon snacks on theship
• Taxes, tariffs, and AECO fees
• Guiding and lectures by our experienced expedition leader and team
• Special photo workshop
• Welcome and farewell cocktails
• Digital visual journal link after voyage, including voyage log, gallery, species list and more!
Price does not include:
• Travel Insurance
• Senior Travel Insurance
• Single cabin supplement and cabin upgrade
• Any meals and drinks on land
• Beverages in addition to coffee and tea around the clock as well as juices and the like included for breakfast
• Flightseeing with Airzafari in Ilulissat, day 4
• Sailing between icebergs in Ilulissat, day 4
• Other purchase excursions and extra events
• Ocean Atlantic crew allowance (approximately $ 13.50 per day per participant)
• Expenses for medicines and other personal necessities
• Everything not mentioned under "Price includes"