Jewels of the North Atlantic
Next DepartureMay. 28, 2021
See all departures
See the itinerary
, Boat, Bus Excursion, Kayaking, Lectures, Photography, Tastings, Trekking, Wildlife observations, Zodiac
The wondrous islands of Scotland, Faeroe Islands and Iceland.
From the green islands of Scotland and North Atlantic to Iceland, this 8-day early-summer adventure rewards us with 24-hours of daylight and matchless seascapes. Migrating birds, dolphins, and whales are only some of the sights we expect in this expedition.
Our journey begins on the Scottish East Coast in Aberdeen, where we embark Albatros Expeditions’ ice-class 1b vessel Ocean Atlantic, our home for the next 6 days.
Our first stop is Kirkwall, off the northeastern coast of Scotland, the fascinating capital of Orkney, an archipelago known for its sandstone cliffs and Neolithic cities, before we sail further north to the Faroe Islands, where Tórshavn, its capital and largest town, awaits us.
We will approach the Westman island of Surtsey, UNESCO Natural Heritage Site and youngest island of the world, and spend an exciting day in Heimaey, the largest island of the archipelago, before arriving to our destination: Reykjavík.
Embarkation in Aberdeen
Orkney Islands with historic Kirkwall - possibility of visiting Skara brae.
Shetland Islands, Lerwich
Faroe Islands tórshavn, townwalk and possible excursion to medieval Kirkjubøu
Faroe Islands, Klaksvik. Possible excursion to Eysturoy Island
at sea towards Westman Islands, looking for seabirds, dolphins and whales
Westman Islands, Surtsey and Unesco natural heritage sites and city walk in Heimaey
Reykjavík and return home
• 8-day/7-night cruise in a shared outside double cabin with private bathroom/toilet
• English-speaking guides
• Zodiac landings
• Near-port town walks with expedition team
• Information briefings and lectures by expedition team
• Full board on the ship
• Free coffee, tea and afternoon snacks on the ship
• Special photo workshop
• Welcome and farewell cocktails
• Digital visual journal link after voyage, including voyage log, gallery, species list and more!
• Taxes and tariffs
• Historic buildings on the Orkney Islands, including the capital of Kirkwall
• Faeroe’s Capital, Torshavn
• Westman Island of Heimaey & Surtsey, UNESCO Natural Heritage
• Abundant wildlife including whales and seabirds